Monday, June 06, 2011

Arleta Library Bakery Cafe, Portland, OR


I visited friends in Portland, Oregon last week to attend the First Thursday opening of their Hellion Gallery. Lucky for me, they also love good eating.
My friend Matt took me to the Arleta Library Bakery Cafe for my first meal after touching down in town. Even though it was lunchtime, I took a page from Redneckhunter's must-orders and got the Arleta Library's Portland’s Best Biscuits-n-Gravy.

The dish has house made biscuits topped with a wonderful creamy pepper & rosemary sausage gravy. It is then topped with some thin sliced roasted pork loin. It was surprisingly a lighter dish than I expected. Matt recommended I have the house made ketchup with the potatoes.
He ordered a beautiful Cuban sandwich, and we also shared the house made coffeecake. The cake was warm and had a great crust of sugar on top.
Oh, and here's the second post in a row of a place that's been featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.



5513 Southeast 72nd Avenue
Portland, OR
(503)774-4470

No comments: