Sunday, September 07, 2008

Cinghiale, Baltimore


I had dinner with friends at Cinghiale, the Italian restaurant of Cindy Wolf's Charleston group in downtown Baltimore. The place is separated into two sections, the osteria, which is bistro-style, and the enoteca, which is more dressier.
We ate in the osteria, but I ended ordering dishes from the enoteca menu.
I started with their spectacular La Carne Cruda, raw veal tenderloin with a poached quail egg and parmigiano.
My friends ordered the heirloom tomato salad with gorgonzola.
For my second dish, I ordered ravioli with wild boar.
My entree was Il Maiale, an generous rack of Berkshire pork with red wine sauce served with grilled peaches and a salad of fennel and arugula. It was incredible.



All in all, I would no doubt return to Cinghiale- great food and great atmosphere.

822 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202
(410) 547-8282

No comments: