Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hachiya Ramen Shop at Yokohama Ramen Museum

So here is my experience at the Shin-Yokohama Ramen Musem (or Raumen as they spelled it). Their website calls it a "Ramusement Park" and it was indeed. I loved the throwback 1950's Japan atmosphere where all the Ramen shops were set up, especially the Mechagodzilla billboard.
I agree with Fougoo about the Shinasobaya Ramen from the "Demon of Ingredients"- it was simple elegant ramen.
In counterpoint, I went to the Hachiya Ramen shop because of one enticing work - LARD. The shop's broth consists of pork bone with a taste of fish, but the special ingredient is grilled lard added to the broth and noodles. Needless to say, the broth is very rich and filling. Of course I prefer the "hard" noodles, and the soup included sliced pork and cabbage. I added the garlic paste made by the shop to the broth which added a further complexity to the broth's flavor.
I already want to go back to the museum to try more bowls.

No comments: