Sunday, July 02, 2006

I Have Sheep Guts in my Freezer


It won't be quite as extreme as the Vice magazine's "Eating an Entire Cow" (after all I'm not gonna eat my sweater just to be able to say I ate the wool too, nor will I attempt a 24-hour feeding frenzy), but for the first time, I have an entire 4-legged mammal in my freezer. The Chinese say that anything is edible as long as its back faces the sky, and of course everything inside it. This freshly slaughtered lamb was delivered yesterday by our friend, on whose farm it lived its short life. Can't wait to get started, I've been clipping lamb recipes for months! I'll have to dig a little harder to figure out what to do with the innards though...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you going to make with it?

Anonymous said...

i always feel conflicted eating lamb, but i agree, it's yummy!

Anonymous said...

sorry, it's me, lani, who commented anonymously :)