Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ze Mean Bean Cafe, Baltimore


In the Fells Point neighborhood of Baltimore, we went to the Ze Mean Bean Cafe, a nice neighborhood place specializing in Eastern European food.
We started with the Slavic sampler plate, which had a holupki (cabbage roll), a potato pancake, a piece of kielbasa, and 3 pierogis, one with sauerkraut, one with potato, and one with cheese. My favorite item was the cheese pierogi.
I ordered a bowl of Ukranian borsht. The special of the evening was that it was made with golden beets.
I also had an order of Holushki, an dish of potato dumplings sauteed in butter served with mushrooms and vegetables. Both dishes were nice and light.
I tried some of the Hungarian Goulash as well. It had a good amount of paprika and was served on the same potato dumplings I had.

1739 Fleet Street
Baltimore, MD
(410) 675-5999

No comments: