Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ink.sack, Los Angeles, CA

 I visited Los Angeles last month, and on my first evening in town, I went to Top Chef winner Michael Voltaggio's sandwich shop, ink.sack for dinner. It had a surprisingly affordable menu, with each sandwich costing between $4-$6. I decided to get two sandwiches.
 First was the C.L.T., consisting of chicken liver mousse, curried chicken skin, lettuce, and tomato. The bread was good, but I would have liked it to be a little more crusty. However, the chicken liver was pretty great.
My second sandwich was a banh mi made with pork pork butt, pork belly, chicharrónes, and pickled vegetables. It was really nice and fatty.
We also shared a few sides: housemade BBQ pork rinds and Old Bay seasoned potato chips.

8360 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90069
323) 651-5866


No comments: