Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Parc, Philadelphia

For brunch after our girls night, me and the last 2 ladies standing went to Parc, Stephen Starr's new French bistro in the old Bleu location on Rittenhouse Square. It's a great replica - right down to the woven chairs on the sidewalk and the Edith Piaf on the sound system.

We got Eggs en Cocotte to share - crisp buttery toast fingers to dip into a runny egg. The toast was super buttery - reminded me of "dong dong dan" that my dad used to make (translated from Chinese "hole hole egg") - egg fried with the hole cut in the toast for the sunnyside yolk - so yummy...

Then still in my soft egg and polenta mode from dinner the night before, I ordered it again for breakfast -- 2 poached eggs, with rapini and red peppers on top of creamy polenta.

My friend got steak and eggs -- a petite filet with 2 sunny side up eggs, mornay sauce, and a side salad. My other friend got pancakes with blueberry compote and maple syrup.

Parc
227 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 545-2262

No comments: