Friday, April 03, 2009

McDonald's in Tokyo


Kelly and I were in Tokyo last week, and I've got a few upcoming posts from the trip, but I figured I'd start with some fun.
With Japan recently winning the World Baseball Classic, the Japan McDonald's was promoting the special McHotdog. Oddly enough, it was meant for breakfast!?!
I ordered it as a meal one morning with a coffee and hash brown. The McHotdog was actually a decent hot dog on a whole wheat bun with ketchup, mustard and relish.



I did not get the try to advertised McPork, which I'm assuming was a take on the Japanese Katsu style deep fried pork sandwich.
Kelly's favorite item was something we got at Narita airport as we were leaving Japan, the Green Tea Oreo McFlurry. It was pretty great- if they had this in the US, I would be in trouble- the green tea flavor complemented the Oreo cookie so well.

3 comments:

Stacy D said...

Hello,
I just had to comment on this post! I went to Japan last year and I find it funny that I was also drawn to try McDonalds in another country. I fell in love with the Green Tea Oreo McFlurry. I also recommend the Ebi Filet-O (although the bun I got was soggy on the bottom)

Shaka Shaka chicken was a disappointment. Can't wait to read more about your adventures in Japan!

fougoo said...

Thanks!

Yes, we had the Ebi Filet-O during our last trip:

http://thisisgonnabegood.blogspot.com/2007/05/welcome-back-mega-mac.html

I just love the name, so fun to say!

TravellingMcDs said...

I was searching for Blog posts about McDonald's in foreign countries, because I'm writing one myself.

If you are interested, please check it out
http://travellingmcds.blogspot.com/

I had the McHotdog also, and I found it pretty disgusting to be honest.