Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Revisiting Old Favorites in North Carolina : Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen, Fiesta Grill & Locopops

Even though, I tried several new places when in North Carolina, I had to go back to some of my old favorites.
For breakfast, I went to the Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen, home of some of the best biscuits I've ever had. I got the biscuit with egg and fried pork tenderloin.
While I think the chicken might be a little better, the pork was still good.

I also returned to the Fiesta Grill for simply great Mexican food. The last time, it was the weekend so I had to have the menudo. This time, I tried a longaniza (sausage) taco, and their chicken mole. It was basically a half chicken smothered in a delicious, slightly sweet mole sauce. While I think their corn tortillas could be a little more fresh, Fiesta Grill is pretty great.

Last but certainly not least, I had to return to Locopops. This time, I ended up eating 2 different kinds.
I tried one paletas de agua, the cucumber chile. It was really nice with a pleasant kick from the chiles mixed in. Click on the pic above to see them,
I also tried a paleta de crema, the chocolate pretzel, which had chunks of pretzel in the popscicle. Yummy.

Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen
1305 E. Franklin
Chapel Hill, NC
919-933-1324

Fiesta Grill
3307 Nc Highway 54 W
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
(919) 928-9002

Locopops
128 E. Franklin St.
Chapel Hill, NC

2 comments:

fougoo said...

yay - more pretzels! you know how I love pretzels!

Lisa said...

My favorite biscuit at Sunrise is the chicken, but I have to get it with cheese and grilled onions. Yum!