Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fiesta Grill, Chapel Hill, NC


In 2007, Gourmet magazine had a profile of the Mexican and Latin American restaurant scene in the Raleigh-Durham triangle of North Carolina. When I was visiting this past weekend, I went to a place mentioned in that article, Fiesta Grill along a highway in Chapel Hill.
I started with a carnitas taco with a corn tortilla. I would have liked the tortilla to have been a little fresher, but the carnitas was delicious. They gave a generous portion that was very flavorful.
Since it was Sunday, I got a bowl of menudo to sample with the meal. The tripe was delicious, and the soup was savory- not spicy though. I added a little hot sauce to give it the kick I like.
My favorite item was the pork tamal. It was smothered in a brown sauce and cheese. The tamal was moist and delicious.
Kelly got the vegetable quesadilla which was impressive- the tortilla must have been 18 inches in diameter and it was packed with squash, peppers, mushrooms and cheese.

Fiesta Grill
3307 Nc Highway 54 W
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
(919) 928-9002

1 comment:

Costa Rica Cheap Land for Sale said...

I would never find a better place to read as good comments as this site, never seen before, easy to find easy to understand, and it have serious comments not sick jokes as others, thanks and please keep like this. I would be pretty pleased if you as I do go to my links and maybe post a comment about what you think of mine. Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica