Monday, February 11, 2008

Bonito Michoacan, Las Vegas

When I used to live in Las Vegas, one of my favorite places to eat was Mexican restaurant, Bonito Michoacan. It's part of three local Mexican places, the others being Lindo, the first branch, and Viva, in Henderson. At the time I lived there, Lindo had a fire, so Bonito was the only branch open.
The food is made in the style of the Michoacan region of Mexico, and it's delicious. Fougoo, Redneckhunter, and I went there when we were in Vegas last week.

We started with one the restaurants specialties, the tableside guacamole. Our waiter Richard was very generous with avocados (3 of them) and their blend of onion, cilantro, tomato, jalapenos, and lime juice was just great. With the leftover ingredients, we even got a side of fresh pico de gallo that was also great. I also like that when you arrive, you get a bean dip as well as a hot salsa for your chips.
For an entree, I got the Mole Enchiladas with Pollo - I really like their mole sauce and the corn tortillas, made on the premises, were also delicious.
Redneckhunter ordered the beautifully plated Huevos Rancheros. Other favorite dishes of mine there are the Pollo "Tia Esther", the Carnitas made with Coca-cola sauce, and their seafood dishes.

3715 South Decatur Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89103
(702) 257-6810

1 comment:

BrookLEn said...

I wish someone would try to bring some good Mexican food to the East Coast... do you guys have any faves out here?