Thursday, February 07, 2008

Azami Sushi Cafe, LA


While staying in LA with Coprock & his family, one night, we decided to get some takeout sushi. Coprock knew of a place, Azami Sushi Cafe on Melrose which I had eaten at in the past. One interesting thing to note is that the sushi chefs are women. Regardless, this is one of the best sushi places anywhere. The fish selection is amazing good and fresh.




I ordered some toro which was just spectacular. I was also blown away by the yellowtail belly sushi as well.
I also got a creamy blue crab hand roll that was so good.
Coprock's favorite was the red snapper sushi.






We also shared an order of anchovy tempura with curry salt. Next time I go back, I want to try the omakase at Azami.

7160 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Phone: (323) 939-3816

UPDATE: Unfortunately as of July 2008, Azami has changed ownership and is not the same place. Niki supposedly can be found in Arcadia, CA now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is she? where in arcadia is she? i need to find her, azami isn't azami any more, i am very sad...

1000yregg said...

go to this link for info on niki:
http://inakagourmet.com/chefstable.html