Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lunch at Hunan Taste, Catonsville, MD


Hunan Taste in Catonsville, MD has settled with me and my parents as a great place for go for lunchtime. On weekdays, they have a fantastic deal of three plates and a soup for under $30.
My favorite soup there is the fish ball, thousand year egg, & cilantro soup. They make their own fishballs, and they are never frozen, making their texture and flavor a joy to eat. I would be happy to have this dish every week.
On a recent trip, we ordered the Hunan fish filets. It's lightly spicy, the fish was good (although the fish still had tiny bones for those of you who may not be used to that).
The lunchtime pork belly dish was very unique. They shredded the pork into fine pieces that made them like pork belly noodles. In combination with crispy celery and a little spice, it was surprisingly not oily or greasy at all.
For our third dish, we just got some simple vegetables. My mother worries about places that tend to over salt veggies, but these were just right.
We did order an additional dish of pork with wild mushrooms that was on the chef's specials menu. It reminded me of their Mao's Favorite pork dish but with diverse assortment of mushrooms.




If you look at feedback on Hunan Taste on boards like Chowhound, their seems to be a love-hate feeling to this establishment, but I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal here.


718 N. Rolling Road
Catonsville, MD 21228
(410)788-8988

No comments: