Monday, May 17, 2010

Cuba De Ayer, Burtonsville, MD


I've been a big fan of Cuban food since back when Fougoo used to live near a great place, La Rosita on the Upper West Side. Sadly La Rosita is gone now, but I'm happy to have found a good Cuban place down here in Maryland.
I've driven by Cuba De Ayer restaurant in Burtonsville, MD a few times, so I decided to drop in for lunch.
I ordered the Lechon Asado, slow cooked pork marinated in mojo criollo, a sauce of garlic, onion, chile, and citrus. It was delicious. I got side of sweet plantanos maduros and Moros Y Cristianos, black beans with rice.
I could not resist finishing off the meal with a cup of cafe con leche.

15446 Old Columbia Pike
Burtonsville, MD
(301)476-9622

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to order their ropa vieja...