Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Tommy's Italian Sausage, Elizabeth, NJ

Redneckhunter and I went up to Elizabeth to look at a used car. I had never really driven around Elizabeth proper, mostly just gone up to Ikea and never veered that far from the seaport. So it was fun to see all the ethnic places in downtown Elizabeth -- I'm convinced there are hidden gems worth going back for...

But we weren't that hungry and only wanted a snack, so we stopped for a sausage at the famous Tommy's. I thought I might as well get the combo to be able to try both a hotdog and a sausage. This ended up being a much bigger snack than I bargained for! When Tommy asked if I wanted everything on it, I didn't realize this meant not just grilled peppers and onions, but also fried potatoes! I pulled the potatoes off but the sandwich was still ginormous. By the time we got home and built my Ikea dresser, though, I had enough appetite for it...

No comments: