Sunday, August 05, 2007

Restaurant Week at Bicycle in Federal Hill

So the past week was Baltimore restaurant week. I went out a few nights with friends, but by far my favorite meal was at Bicycle in Federal Hill, just a few blocks walk from my home.
I had actually been hoping to eat here since I moved back to Baltimore, and with the prix fixe meal, it was an incredible deal for great food.For a starter I had the Sashimi Tuna and Avocado Tartare- it had a delicious dressing that included chili sesame oil - really good. I also tried the Spicy Corn Soup with Blue Crab which was hearty and nice.



My entree was a Grilled Ribeye with a goat cheese and shallot butter topping. The side though was my favorite- goosefat roasted fingerling potatoes with leeks and bacon- amazing.
I got to try all the tasty desserts on the prix fixe menu. The Boca Negra cake was like a chocolate truffle cake.










Then there was the Strawberry Shortcake.












Then, the item I ordered was the Mango-Strawberry Bread Pudding.

No comments: