Monday, November 07, 2011

Totto Ramen, NYC


Vegetable Ramen
I was lucky to go to a taping of The Colbert Report last month, and afterwards, we grabbed dinner at Totto Ramen nearby. Their ramen is different that what I've had before, as their broth is based in chicken and soy instead of pork.
I got the Totto Miso Ramen, which came with a scoop of Koji Miso & pork, egg, scallions, bean sprouts, onion and char siu pork. I also got a side of their very spicy bamboo shoots. The broth, even though it was chicken based, was hearty and flavorful. The noodles were also very good, a little toothsome and good alkaline taste.
My friend ordered the vegetable ramen, which was also very good. I believe it was made with seaweed and shitake mushroom, and the toppings included avocado and yuzu paste, one of my favorite Japanese condiments. The yuzu added a pleasant salty-citrus flavor.
Totto Miso Ramen
366 West 52nd Street
New York, NY
(212) 582-0052

No comments: