Wednesday, March 02, 2011

M. Wells Diner, Part Deux


After hearing about Fougoo's trip to M. Wells, I knew, as a fan of APDC, I had to make a trip there as well. I went for a lunch last week, sitting at the counter of the diner, watching them prep bone marrows for their escargot-bone marrow dish as I ate.
For a starter, I ordered the pickled pork tongue dish. It came with soda crackers and spicy mustard. The pork pulled apart easily and had a wonderful salty-sour flavor.
I then ordered the green pea soup with foie gras. The soup was sweet and tasted very fresh. However, with the chunks of seared foie gras, this brought the soup up to another level. The fattiness of the liver complemented the mushy pea so well. It felt healthy and decadent at the same time.
For dessert, inspired by a postcard above the prep area of Twin Peaks, I tried the maple pie with a cup of joe. The pie was egg-y & creamy, and it just oozed maple syrup.
I know I need to get back here for their dinner service sometime.


21-17 49th Avenue
Long Island City, NY
(718)425-6917 ‎

No comments: