Friday, March 25, 2011

Freemans, NYC


Finding ourselves in the Lower East Side around 5:30-ish one Saturday, we decided to go for an early dinner at Freeman's. Redneckhunter wholeheartedly approves of any restaurant with dead animals mounted on the walls.

We started out with their super-decadent Five Cheese Macaroni. I got the day's special - Bouillabaise, while Redneckhunter went for a characteristic large hunk of meat: Roasted House Cured Pork Loin, served with toasted farro, roasted hen of the woods mushrooms, winter squash, and pork jus.

I don't normally order pork loin or pork chops in restaurants because so often it's dry, but this pork was absolutely amazing - juicy, just fatty enough, and big... really big. Unfortunately for me, I think the mac and cheese expanded with my seafood broth, because I was absolutely too stuffed for dessert. Next time...

Freeman's Restaurant
Freeman Alley, off Rivington, between Bowery and Chrystie
212-420-0012

No comments: