Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back at the Brooklyn Flea


I'm determined that this summer I will make it up to the Brooklyn Flea as often as I can. While I do always like a good flea market, we've got bigger and better ones here in New Jersey. No, the reason to frequent the Flea is the food.

This past Saturday I met my friend Catwalker there. Our eyes were bigger than our stomachs unfortunately... thus necessitating the need for repeat visits!

We started off sharing a Lobster Roll from the Red Hook Lobster Pound - to die for! We got the traditional Maine lobster roll with cold lobster salad on toasted bun, but they also make them with hot lobster, which I guess is Connecticut style... Next off was a pupusa from the Red Hook Ball Field vendor -- we were disappointed here -- first off they accidentally gave us chicken instead of beef, and it was on the cold side (though granted it was an unseasonable cold day). The best part of the pupusa was definitely the slaw.

We moved on to the next Red Hook stall for pork tacos. I loved the spiciness of these, excellent limey guacamole too -- though I think there could have been a tad less sauce - would have made them easier to eat.

We had planned on moving on to a fish taco from Choncho's, but just didn't have any more room... Next time...

After some walking around and browsing for $5 and $10 costume jewelry, Catwalker got some sweets -- a Linzer cookie and a mini cupcake from Kumquat Cupcakery. I opted for a gruyere paprika pretzel from Sigmund's.

Brooklyn Flea
Fort Greene every Saturday, 10am-5pm, 176 Lafayette Ave
One Hanson every Sunday, 10am-5pm, 1 Hanson Pl. (at Flatbush Ave.)
www.brooklynflea.com

No comments: