Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Elfegne Cafe: Ethiopian in Baltimore


This past weekend, I met up with some local Chowhounds at Elfegne Cafe, a small Ethiopian place in the Pigtown neighborhood of Baltimore.
Once I saw the specials board, I knew what I wanted to try.





We decided to try several of the half & half options to try more of the items available on the menu. The Dulet, lamb tripe, liver and meat, was nice and spicy, and was ground up fine enough that you probably could not tell it was tripe. We got the Kitfo, beef tartare, which was served with a nice light housemade cheese, and the Tibs beef. We were nicely surprised by the Doro Wot, the chicken stew cooked in a red pepper (berbere) sauce and onions.


We also tried the vegetarian platter, which included lentils, spicy lentils, yelllow split peas, greens, and tofu.
To drink, I liked my ginger iced tea.
I am planning on heading back to Elfegne because they also have breakfast dishes that look really interesting.

821 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 637-3207

No comments: