Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Land Thai Kitchen, NYC


My friend who lived in Thailand for three years got us tickets to see Ramakien: A Rak Opera at Lincoln Center Festival. So we had a fitting pre-show dinner at Land Thai Kitchen on the Upper West Side.

While not the authentic Thai street food of Sriprapai in Queens, my friend still thinks for fancied-up restaurant food, this place rocks. For one thing, the spice actually has kick. We had a beef salad, a green papaya salad, drunken noodles with chicken, and seared duck. But the best part was dipping balls of the sticky rice into all the different piquant sauces at the end.










Dessert of molten chocolate cake was not Thai, but so yummy. We also had sesame and coconut ice cream. My friend loved the green sauce from her memories in Thailand -- she had some Thai name for it -- but when I tasted it, I said, isn't it just sweetened condensed milk with green food coloring? She told me not to ruin it for her...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ro and I ate at a thai restaurant before seeing King and I with Richard Chamberlain a few weeks ago. I was craving their coconut ice cream but they didn't have it!!! Your desserts look so scrumptious :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.