Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ray's The Classics, Silver Spring, MD


I've been the Ray's Hell Burger, and I love their burgers. Needless to say, I was very excited to finally get the another of Chef Michael Landrum's restaurants this past weekend. We went to Ray's The Classics in Silver Spring, MD for dinner, and wow, what another great experience.
Things started with the housemade spice cashews that were at the table as soon as we arrived. They were still warm, and were so good, we finished off the dish before we got to our orders.


For an appetizer, I ordered the Devilish Eggs. They were deviled eggs stuffed with steak tartare and topped with Hollandaise sauce. It was served on a lovely presentation with toast, cornichons, capers, onions and egg yolk.

My tablemates ordered other appetizers. Mike got the wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing. However, the best part was the sprinkling of house-made bacon chunks.

Gubeen ordered the macaroni & cheese which we all shared.











My steak was a Brazillian Picanha cut, or rump cover. Because, Landrum sources his own beef and has it butchered himself, he is able to do a cut like this which is not traditional for US Butchers. It was cooked a perfect medium rare, and it was served with his spicy Piranha sauce.
For dessert, I had a root beer float with homemade ice cream, but I also tried the delicious, tart key lime pie.
For all this food, the price blew me away- probably the same you would pay for Outback Steakhouse, but leaps and bounds better.

8606 Colesville Rd
Silver Spring, MD‎
(301) 588-7297‎

No comments: