Friday, July 31, 2009

Allen & Son Barbeque, Chapel Hill, NC


I went to Allen and Son BBQ in Chapel Hill, NC to sample to local version of barbeque pork.
I order the barbeque plate which came with a pile of pulled pork with sides of hush puppies and cole slaw.
The pork was incredible- tender, juicy and fully of porky goodness. The sauce was a vinegar based spicy sauce that went perfectly with the pig meat. It should be noted that their hush puppies were fantastic. Kelly told me they might have been the best she ever had. They were light and sweet to eat.
For dessert, we split a slice of peanut butter pie with homemade ice cream.
I'm glad Allen & Son is nowhere near where I live because I would have to return at least every other day there. It was so good.

6203 Millhouse Rd
Chapel Hill, NC 27516-8101
(919) 942-7576‎

No comments: