Monday, October 08, 2007

Food Stands at the Red Hook Soccer Fields


Over this Indian summer weekend, Fougoo, Redneckhunter, and I went up to New York City, and since we had a car, we drove to Red Hook to visit the much buzzed about food stands at the soccer fields.
The place is known for food stalls that serve a variety of cuisines from Latin America including Mexican, Salvadora, and Honduran. The pupusas looked pretty fantastic. I also saw them making tacos and tamales. We grabbed some Aqua Frescas from one stand- I had watermelon, Fougoo had canteloupe.
My favorite part of the visit was my first time trying roasted corn on the cob Mexican style- after it comes off the grill, they coated with mayo, rolled it in cheese, sprinkled it with chili powder, and a squirt of lime. Unbelievable combination of flavors.


No comments: