Sunday, January 28, 2007

Gertrude's at the BMA

Recently, I went with some friends to Gertrude's, a restaurant located in the Baltimore Museum of Art. It's chef, John Shields, hosts a public television program, Coastal Cooking.
The cuisine is much inspired my Maryland cuisine with a touch of Southern cooking. On Tuesdays, they have a $10 menu special.
I had the trout with creole sauce on a bed of ham and chedder grits.
I also had a nice cup of cream of crab soup.




My friend Larry had the Maryland pan fried chicken. It was a half chicken with potatoes and veggies. The skin was really nice, light and flavorful. The waiter told us that he sees old ladies finish off the whole plate. Larry got a take home box.

My friend Kwan got a portobella crab imperial. The crab seemed to be all lump- delicious and sweet.



Our dessert was pretty unique- it was cheesecake made from goat cheese. It was a lot smoother that regular cheesecake. Tasty!

No comments: